In this course, you will have the opportunity to learn how USSD apps are related the GSM network. The course covers how to build menu driven USSD apps and how to integrate it with different types of SMS such as shortcode, branded SMS and premium SMS. USSD menu navigation will cover, go back, go forward, go to main menu and detecting invalid entries.
The course will teach you how design and build apps, which will deliver services to any type of phone – including feature phones. It also teaches you how to choose an SMS and USSD gateway as well as how to monetize you USSD skills (especially for entrepreneurs).
This course is hands on and throughout it, we will build a complete mobile money application based on USSD using PHP, MySQL. In addition, throughout the course we use other tools such as Postman, Composer, Ngrok, apache web server and USSD simulator as well as the HTTP protocol.
In summary, the course is organized into the following sections:
- Introduction to USSD and SMS Applications
- Introduction to PHP programming language and HTTP protocol
- Building and Testing USSD Application Menu
- Adding application functionality or logic to the USSD Menus
- Adding SMS functionality to the USSD application – two-way, branded, and premium SMS
- Moving from SANDBOX environment to LIVE environment
- Monetizing USSD and SMS Applications
Who this course is for:
- College students in IT and computer science
- College professors/lecturers
- Industry experts in IT
- Basic understanding of PHP programming language & web applications.
- Basic understanding of web APIs
- Basic understanding of MySQL databases
What you’ll learn
- Uses of USSD applications
- Relationship between USSD applications and mobile network operators (MNO)
- Types of SMS – Two-way SMS (shortcode), Premium SMS (selling content to users using SMS) and branded SMS (sender ID/alphanumeric)
- USSD handling (USSD-MO & USSD-MT)
- The HTTP protocol, Object Oriented PHP and PHP inbuilt functions
- Designing USSD menus
- USSD menus navigation – Going forward, going back and going back to main menu
- Handling Invalid entries in USSD menus
- Testing USSD menus using postman and ngrok
- Connecting USSD menu to application logic
- Connecting USSD application to MySQL database
- Adding SMS functionality to USSD application
- Testing USSD application using simulator/sandbox
- Moving USSD application from sandbox to live environment
- Exploring Africa’s Talking USSD and SMS gateway
- Monetizing USSD and SMS application
Free Download Link-
Note: Comment below if you find the download link dead.