Hello everybody. My name is Jesse Kurrus, and I’ll be your professor for the duration of the Snort Intrusion Detection, Rule Writing, and PCAP Analysis course. This course will consist of written material to go over on your own pace, and labs to reinforce the concepts from the provided resources. To follow along with these labs, you’ll need a VirtualBox, Security Onion, Kali Linux, and Windows 7 VMs. These are all free and open source, including the Windows 7 VM which is available free for development purposes.
This course is 100% hands-on, save for the initial introduction. Please be prepared to follow along with these labs.
The following are the hands-on labs. Please refer to the course for full descriptions:
- Lab 1: Setting up Security Onion with VirtualBox
- Lab 2: Boleto Malware Snort Rule Writing and PCAP Analysis
- Lab 3: Vetting Snort Rule Quality with Dumbpig
- Lab 4: Utilizing Offset and Depth in a Snort Rule
- Lab 5: Kali Linux Setup with VirtualBox
- Lab 6: Snort Rule Writing (SSH and FTP)
- Lab 7: Windows 7 Eternalblue Vulnerable VM VirtualBox Setup
- Lab 8: Windows 7 Eternalblue Exploitation and Snort/PCAP Analysis
- Lab 9: Eternalblue PCAP Analysis and Snort Rule Writing
- Lab 10: Ubuntu Server 12.04 Vulnerable VM VirtualBox Setup
- Lab 11: Ubuntu Server 12.04 Heartbleed Exploitation and Snort/PCAP Analysis
- Lab 12: Heartbleed PCAP Analysis and Snort Rule Writing
Who this course is for:
- Cybersecurity Professionals
- Information Security Analysts
- Network Security Analysts
- SOC Analysts
- Cybersecurity Students
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic Linux command line interface knowledge
- Basic knowledge about operating systems and virtualization.
What you’ll learn
- Write Snort Rules
- Analyze PCAPS using Wireshark and Tcpdump
- Create Virtual Machines using VirtualBox
- Configure Security Onion
- Test Snort rules using automated scripts
- Analyze Snort NIDS alerts using Squert
- Configure Kali Linux
- Test exploits and analyze resulting network traffic
HOMEPAGE – https://www.udemy.com/course/snort-intrusion-detection-rule-writing-and-pcap-analysis/
How to block Zippyshare ads – https://youtu.be/f9Q8WGL-2MA
Free Download Links-
Note: Comment below if you find the download links dead and comment with fake or temporary Email-id is going to be ignored.
You May Also Like
Jerry · March 30, 2022 at 8:48 am
The link is not working.
admin · April 18, 2022 at 2:29 am