Size: 22.6 GB
Who Should Attend SEC503?
Intrusion detection (all levels), system, and security analysts
- Analysts will be introduced to or become more proficient in the use of traffic analysis tools for signs of intrusions.
- Network engineers/administrators will understand the importance of optimal placement of IDS sensors and how the use of network forensics such as log data and network flow data can enhance the capability to identify intrusions.
Hands-on security managers
- Hands-on security managers will understand the complexities of intrusion detection and assist analysts by providing them with the resources necessary for success.
You Will Learn
- How to analyze traffic traversing your site to avoid becoming another “Hacked!” headline
- How to identify potentially malicious activities for which no IDS has published signatures
- How to place, customize, and tune your IDS/IPS for maximum detection
- Hands-on detection, analysis, and network forensic investigation with a variety of open-source tools
- TCP/IP and common application protocols to gain insight about your network traffic, enabling you to distinguish normal from abnormal traffic
- The benefits of using signature-based, flow, and hybrid traffic analysis frameworks to augment detection.