Size: 2.79 GB What Does and Incident Response Analyst Do? An Incident Response Analyst can vary depending on the specific organization, its location, and size. However, there are some general duties that are usually assigned, including:
- Investigating and reporting on cybersecurity trends and issues.
- Conducting forensic collections, intrusion correlation, threat analysis, and tracking direct system remediation as incidents happen.
- Providing consistent examination of potential threats and incidents, and train employees and shareholders.
- Evaluating incidents in terms of priority, including potential and possible threats and impacts.
- Employing incident data to identify exposures and suggest mitigation approaches.
- Evaluating logs for tracing and remediating any likely security risks.
- Act as a technical liaison with law enforcement when necessary.
The above are simply general duties. Depending on the organization, Incident Response Analysts may be responsible for more or fewer duties.