Get up and running with collecting evidence using forensics best practices to present your findings in judicial or administrative proceedings
- Learn the core techniques of computer forensics to acquire and secure digital evidence skillfully
- Conduct a digital forensic examination and document the digital evidence collected
- Analyze security systems and overcome complex challenges with a variety of forensic investigations
A computer forensics investigator must possess a variety of skills including the ability to answer legal questions, gather and document evidence, and prepare for an investigation. This book will help you get up and running with using digital forensic tools and techniques to investigate cybercrimes successfully.
Starting with an overview of forensics and all the open source and commercial tools needed to get the job done, you’ll learn core forensic practices for searching databases and analyzing data over networks, personal devices, and web applications. You’ll then understand how to acquire valuable information from different computer segments, such as filesystems, e-mails, browser histories, and search queries, and capture data remotely. As you advance, this book will guide you in implementing forensic techniques on multiple platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OS, to demonstrate how to recover valuable information as evidence. Finally, you’ll get to grips with presenting your findings efficiently in judicial or administrative proceedings.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed a clear understanding of how to acquire, analyze, and present digital evidence like a proficient computer forensics investigator.
What you will learn
- Understand investigative processes, rules of evidence, and ethical guidelines
- Recognize and document different types of computer hardware
- Understand the boot process covering BIOS, UEFI, and Boot sequence
- Validate forensic hardware and software
- Discover the locations of common Windows artifacts
- Document your findings using technically correct terminologies
Who This Book Is For
If you’re an IT beginner or a student with an understanding of using software applications and digital forensics practices, this book is for you. This book will also help IT professionals who are new to incident response and digital forensics and interested in making a career in the cybersecurity domain.
Password – freeeducationweb.com
Note: Comment below if you find any link dead or getting problem in downloading files.
You May Also Like