Ethical hacking—testing to see if an organization’s network is vulnerable to outside attacks—is a desired skill for many IT security professionals. In this course, cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore prepares you to take your first steps into testing client defenses. Malcolm provides you with an overview of firewall technology, and demonstrates the two main operating system firewalls. Next, he goes into web application firewalls and API gateway threat mitigation solutions. Learn about the Cowrie honeypot, how to use Security Onion to detect intrusions, and more.
Note: Learning about ethical hacking for perimeter defenses is part of the Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots competency from the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) body of knowledge.
- Understanding firewalls
- Applying the basics of the Windows Firewall
- Using advanced features in the Windows Firewall
- Reviewing firewall logs
- Understanding Linux iptables
- Setting up an iptables firewall
- Managing rules with Firewall Builder
- Setting up a Cisco PIX firewall
- Creating a secure enclave
- Installing GNS3
- Understanding web application firewalls
- Protecting API services with the WSO2 gateway
- Running the Cowrie honeypot
- Detecting intrusions with Security Onion
Note: Comment below if you find any link dead or getting problem in downloading files.
You May Also Like