“Active Directory: Everything About Computer Accounts” course is aimed to anyone who works or is going to work in an Active Directory Domain as a Help Desk or Network Admin.
Its goal is to define as many aspects of computer accounts as possible & teaching how to join computers (Windows, Linux, and Apple) to the Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016 & 2019 Active Directory domains via Graphical User Interface, Command Prompt and PowerShell.
After this course you will be able to create, reset, disable, manage, delete and restore computer accounts.
In this course you will also learn:
– How to Name Computers Properly.
– The concept of Distinguished Name (DN).
– Behind the Scenes of a Windows Computer Joining to a Domain.
– Prestaging Computer Accounts via Active Directory Users and Computers console and PowerShell.
– Offline Domain Join (ODJ).
– Bulk join and import computers to domains.
– Delegating Computer Domain Join.
– Changing the Machine Account Quota in Active Directory.
– Changing the Default Place for New Computer Accounts.
– Detecting inactive computer accounts.
– Needed TCP and UDP Ports to be opened in Firewall to join computers to domains.
– Detecting and troubleshooting the common computer accounts and domain join related problems.
At the end of each lesson, you can test your knowledge with provided Questions and Answers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone starting to work with Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Help Desks
- Network Administrators
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services & DNS
What you’ll learn
- Computer Accounts & Joining Computers to Domains
- What is a Computer Account?
- Why a Computer Account is Needed?
- Which Computers Require a Computer Account?
- Which OSs can have a Computer Account? (Which OSs can Join to an Active Directory Domain)
- Behind the Scenes of a Windows Computer Joining a Domain
- How a Computer Account is Created? (Automatically & Manually)
- Who can Join a Computer to a Domain or Create a Computer Account?
- What Data is Saved in a Computer Account?
- How to Properly Name Computers?
- What is Distinguished Name (DN) & Why is it Needed?
- Disabling, Resetting, and Deleting a Computer Account.
- Restoring a Deleted Computer Account.
- Changing the Default Place in a Domain for New Computer Accounts.
- Creating Computer Accounts for OSs other than Windows. (Joining & Disjoining Linux & Apple to a Domain)
- Troubleshooting Joining Computers to a Domain (TShoot Checklist)
- Why Sometimes Computer Accounts get Problematic and Domain Rejoin is Needed?
- TShoot Cloning Windows Computers in a Domain (Sysprep)
- How a Computer Account Password is Changed?
- Changing the Machine Account Quota (Default=10) for Standard Users in Active Directory.
- Setting the Users/Groups who have Right/Permission to Join Computers to a Domain.
- Best practices for Joining Computers to a Domain.
- Bulk Join/Import Computers to a Domain.
- Offline Domain Join
- TCP/UDP Ports that Need to be Open on Firewalls so a Computer can Join and Connect to a Domain
- Trusting a Computer Account for Delegation.
- Detecting and Disabling/Deleting Inactive Computer Accounts.
- Review Questions and Answers
Free Download Links-
Note: Comment below if you find any link dead or getting problem in downloading files and comments with fake E-mail id will be ignored.
You May Also Like